Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pattern Review: Agathe and Theo Slouchy Pants

I hope everyone is having a more productive week than I am!  I feel like I am constantly playing catchup this week! Eep.

I decided to sit down and take some time to write this review though, because I love these pants and I think they are the cutest things. 

Say hello to the Agathe and Theo slouchy pants from the amazing Melanie from Filles a Maman.  Melanie is currently being featured as part of the Aspiring Designers Challenge over at Pattern Revolution.  And I have to say, if you haven't checked out her patterns, now is a great time to do so.


For these I used this awesome cherry print knit (cotton-poly blend by the feel of it), and a pink ribbing for the cuffs and waistband.  I love that there is no elastic in the waist of these pants - it makes them so comfortable for her to wear, and the sizing is great, so they stay up nicely.   They were a fast and easy sew, so I decided to whip up a small pair for Connor as well.
How's this for a cooperative model.....
 For Connor's I used this tiny piece of awesome Ninja knit I had hanging around, and used a cotton-lycra for the cuffs and waist.  In case you were wondering, they are perfect for dancing in.  Look at little man shimmy:



I was a little nervous about the pleats when I started the pants - details that I don't have a ton of experience with always make me nervous - and pleats on knit were pretty new to me... But if you just take a breath and trust the instructions, it actually comes together very easily!
And they make the cutest detailing to these pants.  I was a little worried about them being too girly, but once I made Connor's,  I was totally sold on how unisex they were.
Start to finish (including printing, taping, cutting) these were an under 90 minute sew (and remember, that's with my munchkins all over my sewing room!).  Mel was a complete sweetheart to work with, and I would happily test again for her any day!

The pattern is available here and on sale for $7 until the 28th, so don't miss the awesome price and grab them now! These are taking a prime spot in our Spring wardrobe!




No comments:

Post a Comment